Adam Roake is a developer and an architect with over thirty-three years’ experience in mixed use urban development, including nine years as a main board director of Goldcrest Land Limited. He was a CABE Enabler advising local authorities and project promoters on good design and ‘Building for Life’ quality considerations and he wasmember of the Whitstable Harbour Board. Adam brings a strong understanding of the Custom and Self Build housing development model from a commercial perspective. His wider skills and experience include:
- extensive experience of the planning system; a detailed understanding of planning law and practice, including giving expert evidence on both development viability and sustainability as well as design issues at Public Inquiries;
- over thirty three years in practice as an architect with particular specialist knowledge in urban regeneration and residential led, mixed use development;
- eighteen years experience as a developer and architect delivering substantial high quality residential led schemes on brownfield land in London and the South East;
- close liaison with local community groups and a proven ability to accommodate their legitimate concerns and expectations within development proposals;
- an in-depth understanding of the issues facing commercial organisations involved in housing delivery and policy within London and the South East.