What we offer
The Task Force can offer bespoke Custom and Self Build housing support, including:
- Advising, preparing and implementing town planning strategies, policies, masterplans and design codes
- Support for larger scale projects (eg. serviced building plots)
- Developing and implementing demand assessments to inform Strategic Housing Market Assessments or site/area-specific policies and proposals
- Advice on development finance and undertaking site viability assessments
- Research and analysis
- Application of Right to Build legislation locally
- Advice on promoting demand registers and linking these to supply of serviced plots
- Enabling neighbourhood planning initiatives
- Support for viable group Custom and Self Build projects
- Holding workshops or training events
- Advice on good practice from across the UK and internationally.
The Task Force is not available to provide adversarial support for planning appeals or Examinations in Public.
Support will be:
- Tailored to an organisation’s specific needs and undertaken to an agreed timetable
- Delivered by one or more of our Task Force Experts, overseen by the Task Force Director
- Available for an initial period of up to five working days, at a discounted cost of £250 per day (plus VAT) for local authorities, other public sector organisations and community groups
- Available over longer periods, at a cost of £500 per day (plus VAT)
- Available to private sector developers and landowners, priced on a case by case basis, depending on individual needs.
The above rates will be reviewed in January 2018.