BOOK your places here
VenueThe Base, Dallam Lane, Warrington, Cheshire WA2 7NG
ProgrammeRTB Expo Cheshire programme (PDF)
(provisional – details may change)
PART 1: THE POTENTIAL OF CUSTOM AND SELF BUILD HOUSING
- 0900 | Registration, coffee & networking
- 0915 | Welcome by Michael Holmes, chair, on behalf of NaCSBA & Wood for Good.
- 0945 | Welcome by Warrington Borough Council/Warrington & Co, Andy Farrell
Session 1: Supporting Custom and Self Build housing across Cheshire
- 0950| Keynote address: Why support custom and self build housing by Richard Bacon MP, Task Force Ambassador and Chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Self-Build, Custom and Community Housebuilding and Place-Making
- 1010 | Overview of the C&SB sector, Michael Holmes, Chair NaCSBA
- 1025| The Right to Build Task Force and the technical models for delivery: Supporting Custom & Self Build delivery in the UK, Mario Wolf, Task Force Director
- 1050 | Interview with Tom Macartney, Trivselhus
- 1100 | Panel discussion on the benefits of community-led housing development, with Liza Parry, CEO, Housing People, Building Communities.
1115 Coffee break & networking in the exhibition
- 1145 | Unlocking opportunities through the new Strategic Economic Plan – a short interview with Cheshire & Warrington Local Enterprise Partnership
- 1200 | Opportunities for Custom and Self Build through the Warrington New City Initiative, CWHA, Andy Farrell
- 1215 | Q&A
Session 2: Facilitating the release of building plots, mortgages and funding availability
- 1230 | Working with enablers – the St Helens example, Paul Newman, Potton, and Plot’s H20 Urban scheme in Lancaster and the NE, Richard Thomas
- 1300 | Mortgage availability, Tom McSherry, BuildStore
- 1315 | An introduction to the Community Housing Fund, Ann Seipp, Homes England
1330 Networking lunch / market forum in the exhibition space
PART 2: DELIVERING CUSTOM AND SELF BUILD
- 1430 | Welcome by Michael Holmes, chair (on behalf of NaCSBA & Wood for Good)
- 1435 | Planning for Custom & Self Build and local authorities action, Mario Wolf & Stoke-on-Trent City Council
Session 2: Mastering delivery
- Legislation, Guidance and Good Practice, with the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Mortgage and finance availability, with BuildStore
- How to facilitate building plots, with Potton
- Funding opportunities for bringing forward housing, with Homes England
- Facilitating community-led projects with Housing People, Building Communities
- Planning for Custom and Self Build housing, with Foxley Tagg Planning (apologies but this session is not now going ahead for the Cheshire Expo)
1530 | Coffee break & networking in the exhibition
Session 3: Masterclasses re-run
- 1600 | For selection of Masterclasses see above
Session 4: Kick-Starting your Right to Build project
- 1630 | Take-away messages and first-steps, Michael Holmes, chair
- 1700 | Close
Sponsors of Right to Build Expo, Cheshire(to be announced)
Who should attend
Local authorities, planners, community housing groups, self-builders & individuals, landowners, developers, architects.
Benefits of attending
- Kick-start your own custom and self-build success story.
- Network and share your experiences so far.
- Learn about the Right-to-Build Task Force and what it can do for you.
- Discover how pioneering councils, experienced developers and landowners are capitalising on custom and self-build opportunities.
- Get expert, one-to-one help and advice.
The Right to Build Expo will galvanize you and your team with in-depth access to success stories and ‘how-to’s from other regions. Get directly connected to expert support from the Task Force and understand how to maximize the full potential of the custom and self-build opportunities.
How do I book onto masterclasses and workshops?
Delegates can select their preferred options when registering for tickets on Eventbrite. Your confirmation will detail which options you made.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Full details of venue location are here:
Staying in touch with you
By registering for this event, you understand that Right to Build Taskforce and Expo partners (NaCSBA) can continue to contact you about the Expos and that you can unsubscribe from their email list at any time.
Talks & presentations from this and recent ExposThese will be posted up soon after the event. For interest, click here to see presentations from our most recent Expo held in Fareham:
Who attended on the day?A delegate list will be posted up soon after the event (names, organisations only)
“Excellent event, inspiring speakers and discussions” – urban designer, recent Expo delegate