VenueSouth Cambridgeshire Hall, Cambourne Business Park, Cambourne, Cambridge CB23 6EA
Who attended RTB Expo Cambridge?View/download PDF list of attendees: Delegates (RTB Expo, Cambs) (this list does not have contact details).
PresentationsView/download presentations from the day here (PDFs):
- SLIDES_Michael Holmes_RTBCambs
- SLIDES_Potton custom build model_Mark Stevenson_RTBCambs
- SLIDES_Sally Tagg_RTBCambs
- SLIDEDECK2_Morning Break to Close_RTBCambsExpo
A selection of images from the day
ProgrammePART 1: THE POTENTIAL OF CUSTOM AND SELF BUILD HOUSING
- 0900 | Registration, coffee & networking
- 0915 | Welcome by Michael Holmes, chair, on behalf of NaCSBA & Wood for Good.
- 0945 | Welcome by Cllr. Bridget Smith, Leader, South Cambridgeshire District Council
- 0950 | Keynote address by Nicholas Boys Smith, Managing Director, Create Streets
- 1005 | Why support Custom and Self Build housing by Richard Bacon MP, Task Force Ambassador and Chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Self-Build, Custom and Community Housebuilding and Place-Making
- 1020 | Overview of the Custom and Self Build housing sector, Michael Holmes, Chair NaCSBA
- 1035 | The Right to Build Task Force and the technical models for delivery: Supporting Custom and Self Build delivery in the UK, Mario Wolf, Task Force Director, including interview with Adam Broadway, Managing Director, Instinctively Green and Right to Build Task Force Expert on the K1 Co-housing project Cambridge
- 1105 | Q&A
- 1145 | Unlocking opportunities across South Cambridgeshire, Laurence Castle, Custom & Self Build Regional Manager and Gill Anderton, Head of Development (New Build), and interview with Neil Smith, Chief Executive, Net Zero Buildings
- 1215 | Panel discussion on opportunities across South Cambridgeshire and benefits of community-led housing development with contributions from Nicholas Boys Smith, Barry Wood, Deputy Task Force Ambassador and Leader of Cherwell District Council and Adam Broadway, with questions from the floor
- 1230 | Planning for Custom and Self Build housing and local authorities in action, Sally Tagg, Foxley Tagg Planning.
- 1250 | Mortgage availability, Tom McSherry, National Relationship Manager, BuildStore
- 1320 | Q&A
- 1430 | Welcome by Michael Holmes, Chair (on behalf of NaCSBA & Wood for Good)
- 1435 | Two interviews: ‘Creating Custom and Self Build developments’, with Mark Stevenson, Potton and ‘Bringing Custom and Self Build developments to market’, with Tom Connor, Custom Build Homes.
- Legislation guidance and good practice with the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Mortgage and finance availability with BuildStore
- Planning for Custom and Self Build housing with Foxley Tagg Planning
- Facilitating neighbourhood planning and community-led projects with Enhabit and The Right to Build Task Force
- The importance of assessing demand with Three Dragons
- 1600 | For selection of masterclasses see above
- 1600 | Workshop with SMEs to explore opportunities across South Cambridge, facilitated by Mark Stevenson, Potton, and Laurence Castle and Gill Anderton, South Cambridgeshire District Council
- 1630 | Take-away messages and first-steps, Michael Holmes, Chair
- 1645 | Close
Site visit! Visit to Marmalade Lane Co-housing project in Cambridge, led by Adam Broadway. (Visits are by invitation only due to limitation on numbers).
Sponsors of Cambridge ExpoView materials from our Sponsor at the Cambridge Expo: Sponsor_Potton Flyer for RTBCambs
Benefits of attending
- Kick-start your own custom and self-build success story.
- Network and share your experiences so far.
- Learn about the Right-to-Build Task Force and what it can do for you.
- Discover how pioneering councils, experienced developers and landowners are capitalising on custom and self-build opportunities.
- Get expert, one-to-one help and advice.
The Right to Build Expo will galvanize you and your team with in-depth access to success stories and ‘how-to’s from other regions. Get directly connected to expert support from the Task Force and understand how to maximize the full potential of the custom and self-build opportunities.
How do I book onto masterclasses and workshops?
Delegates can select their preferred options when registering for tickets on Eventbrite. Your confirmation will detail which options you made.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Full details of how to reach the venue by car and public transport are here:
Staying in touch with you
By registering for this event, you understand that Right to Build Taskforce and Expo partners (NaCSBA) can continue to contact you about the Expos and that you can unsubscribe from their email list at any time.
MasterclassesThese were discussion based at Cambridge, meanwhile, here are some materials from our recent Glasgow Expo):
- Masterclass: Assessing Demand (PDF), Mario Wolf, Right to Build Taskforce
- Masterclass: Facilitating co-housing projects, Akiko Kobayashi & Steven Tolson
- Masterclass: Bath Street Collective Custom Build – and how to build a Scotland-wide model (PDF), John Kinsley Architects
“Excellent event, inspiring speakers and discussions” – urban designer, recent Expo delegate